Chief Justice John Jay: “I consider knowledge to be the soul of a republic, and as the weak and wicked are generally in alliance, as much care should be taken to diminish the number of the former as of the latter. Education is the way to do this, and nothing should be left undone to afford all ranks of people that means of obtaining a proper degree of it at a cheap and easy rate.”
You also might be interested in
Justice Antonin Scalia: "God assumed from the beginning that the wise[...]
William Jennings Bryan: "Destiny is no matter of chance. It is[...]
Chief Justice Earl Warren: "Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile, I caught hell for."
- Can Email Batching Increase Your Productivity?
- Be Brave about [Fill in the Blank]
- 3 Factors that Contribute to Your Success (or Failure)
- The Bureau of Outdoor Recreation in Post-War America: Legacy of the Bureau of Outdoor Recreation
- The Bureau of Outdoor Recreation in Post-War America: The ORRRC Proposes a Plan