You will find in this blog law practice management, case management, and insurance defense topics that provide practical insights intended to aid lawyers and insurance professionals as they manage their work and lives.
A little bit about who I am…
I’m Jeremy W. Richter. In addition to authoring this blog, I am an attorney with Webster, Henry, Bradwell, Cohan, Speagle & DeShazo, P.C., in Birmingham, Alabama, practicing civil defense litigation and focusing on commercial auto/trucking litigation, premises liability, general business liability, and various other aspects of insurance defense litigation.
Writing has long been a source of enjoyment for me, and I have published a number of my articles in various trade journals and scholarly publications over the years. Some of my recent articles can be found elsewhere on the web:
- “Aligning Your Tactics with Your Client’s Objectives,” Attorney at Work (July 21, 2017).
- “Identifying Improper Requests for Admission,” Vol. 33 Alabama Defense Lawyers Association Journal (Spring 2017).
- “The Admissibility of Post-Accident Drug and Alcohol Screens,” Vol. 32 Alabama Defense Lawyers Association Journal (Fall 2016).
- “Considering the Scaly Side of ‘Beyond Compliance‘,” Claims Management Magazine, The Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (Sept. 2016)
- “Driving While Exposed: The Applicability of the HIPAA Privacy Rule to DOT Medical Examination Records,” Claims Management Magazine, The Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (Mar. 2016)
- “Parsing Pell to Provide Context: What Constitutes an Unusual Obstacle or Obstruction?” Vol. 31 Alabama Defense Lawyers Association Journal (Fall 2015).
Lawyering and Law Practice Management
For more topics like these, visit the Lawyering page.
For more on personal and commercial transportation topics, visit the Transportation pages.
For more on this topic, visit the Workers’ Compensation pages.