For as long as I’ve had the idea for Lawyerpreneur, Marc Randazza was always on the list of people I wanted to talk to. Sometimes when you’ve been thinking about something for so long and built up an expectation for it, you find that the thing can’t actually live up to it.
But that wasn’t the situation with Marc Randazza.
I derived the title from an H. L. Mencken quote that Marc recently tweeted: “The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one’s time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.”
Fighting for Human Freedom with Marc Randazza
Here’s a list of topics we discussed:
- Getting started in 1st Amendment work
- Why writing articles and opinion pieces has been important for Randazza
- Representing people on the fringes of society
- Dealing with difficult or dumb (or both) opposing counsel
- Marc’s advice about marketing outside your practice area
Today’s show is sponsored by ALPS, the nation’s largest direct writer of lawyers’ malpractice insurance. Right now you can get 25% off one CLE seminar from ALPS. Go to alpsinsurance.com/cle and use promo code LAWYERPRENEUR upon check-out.