What I'm doing now ...
A list of the projects I'm working on right now.
Howdy. I'm Jeremy W. Richter (as you may have already gathered), and here's a list of the things I'm currently working on.
- I've got two rowdy kids, who my wife and I are trying to survive while keeping them healthy and happy.
- As of November 2021, I am Senior Counsel in the commercial litigation group with Gordon Rees in Birmingham, Alabama.
- For most of the last few years, I've been sharing ideas for improving case management, client relationships, and our law practices. Those topics were the backbone of my first three books: Building a Better Law Practice, Stop Putting Out Fires, and Level Up Your Law Practice.
- Since March 2020, the majority of my efforts for this website have gone into the podcast, Lawyerpreneur, an interview-based podcast where I talk with other lawyers who are doing interesting and innovative work both within and outside their law practices. This is the show for lawyers who do things differently.
- I occasionally write articles about the business and craft of writing at Expectant Writer.
- In June 2021, I launched my debut novel, Vulcan Rising (The Zauberi Chronicles, Book 1), under the penname J. W. Judge. Its sequel, Seeking Sanctuary (The Zauberi Chronicles, Book 2), released on January 11, 2022. Now I'm knee deep into the third book, Forging Bonds.
- Over the last two years, I have also been publishing books for other lawyers. In October 2020, Scarlet Oak Press published Becki C. Lee's first children's book about intellectual property rights, Do You Draw Pictures?. In October 2021, we published her second children's book, Should We Shake On It?, about contracts and agreements.
Feel free to email me and say hello. I'd love to hear from you. Or join my mailing list so that you can keep hearing from me and get discounts on my books.
Last updated: January 2022. (I stole the idea for this page from Joshua Holt of BigLaw Investor, who had borrowed it from Derek Sivers)
Copyright 2022, Richter Holdings, LLC