What I'm doing now ...
A list of the projects I'm working on right now.
Howdy. I'm Jeremy W. Richter (as you may have already gathered), and here's a list of the things I'm currently working on.
- I've got two rowdy young 'uns, who my wife and I are trying to survive while keeping them healthy and happy.
- Practicing civil defense litigation with Webster Henry in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Redirecting the focus of the content on this website. For most of the last few years, I've been sharing ideas for improving case management, client relationships, and our law practices. And those topics were the backbone of my first three books: Building a Better Law Practice, Stop Putting Out Fires, and Level Up Your Law Practice. But the times they are a-changin'.
- Now the majority of my efforts are going into the podcast that I launched at the end of March 2020, Lawyerpreneur. Quarantine gave me the opportunity to dive into a new creative endeavor that I'd been considering for a while. Lawyerpreneur is an interview-based podcast where I talk with other lawyers who are doing interesting and innovative work both within and outside their law practices. This is the show for lawyers who do things differently.
- I occasionally write articles about the business and craft of writing at Expectant Writer. My most recent article is "Becoming a Medium for Others to Publish Their Books," which leads us into the next project.
- Publishing books for other lawyers. In October, I'm publishing Becki C. Lee's children's book about intellectual property rights, Do You Draw Pictures?, through my publishing imprint, Scarlet Oak Press.
- I've also got a couple of book projects actively going and others that are percolating in the back of my brain. If all goes according to plan, I'll publish two books in 2021. The first is a book about mentoring that I'm co-writing with Curt Runger of Attorney Mentors.
So, you know, other than that, it's been pretty quiet around here.
Feel free to email me and say howdy. I'd love to hear from you. Or join my mailing list so that you can keep hearing from me and get discounts on my books.
Copyright 2020, Richter Holdings, LLC